Before reading this article, you might want to check out: CiteRight New Versions: Migration Guide for IT Administrators
When a new version of CiteRight is released, it is available for download through our web application. You or your firm's IT can replace your version of the Word Add-In with the newest release.
Please note that if your firm's IT is managed, you may not have the security permissions to install programs. This article is meant for IT professionals or users who are able to add and remove programs on their devices.
If this applies to you, continue reading!
Table of contents
Uninstall your current CiteRight Word Add-In.
1. Prior to making any changes, make sure to close all Microsoft Word windows.
2. Go to "Add or remove programs" in your Control Panel.
3. Find "CiteRight for Windows" and uninstall.
Download the newest version from our web application.
1. Log into app.citeright.net
2. On the homepage, click "Word Add-In" and then Save. This will download the .exe file.
Install the new CiteRight Word Add-In.
1. Through your browser or just by searching in the file location, open this downloaded .exe file.
2. Agree to the terms and conditions and click "Install" in the pop-up window.
3. You're all done! You can now reopen your Word documents and continue using CiteRight.
For details on our different versions, see: Word Add-In Updates