Before reading this article, you might want to check out: Accessing our tools
The CiteRight Browser Extension allows you to save research directly from your browser (currently, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge are supported), without the need to download the PDF separately. All your research can then be accessed later in Microsoft Word.
At this time, CiteRight can save caselaw from CanLII, WestLaw, and QuickLaw. If you need to cite a piece of legislation, a secondary source, or another kind of source, please see our custom reference article on how to create your own reference from scratch.
Which databases does CiteRight support?
You can save cases from the following databases:
- WestLaw (not WestLaw Edge)
- La Référence
Saving cases with the browser extension
- In your browser, go to the online database where you wish to download your case.
- Click the CiteRight icon () in the top right corner of your browser and login using your credentials.
- Choose the collection you'd like to save it to and then
- Click Save and the case will be saved into your company database.
If you have created a collection from the web application while you were logged into the browser extension, click on the Refresh Collections button to refresh the list. You can then find all the collections you've created!
Once you save a case, it can be viewed in both the web application and in Microsoft Word.
This can be repeated for as many cases as you'd like to save.